Monday, January 11, 2010

Resolution vs. Lifestyle Change

OK....it is the start of a new year and I'm sure lots of us have made the the New Year Resolution to really and truly get fit. Im not the only one to say this was a repeat from last year. Being a Cubs Fan Im used to being positive at the start of the year only to fall off and end up missing my goals in the end....WAITING FOR NEXT YEAR! Well instead of making getting healthy/fit a resolution, I decided to make lifestyle changes to avoid the "mistakes" of my past. I am not following an all or nothing attitude. When you read about fitness success stories... there are those select few that can follow this all or nothing living, BUT there are many more that realize there will be bumps in the road. When I realize I can't follow through on my scheduled workout of the day, instead of scapping it all together I will do a condensed one. When Im faced with an unhealthy option for a meal... instead of looking at the day as a loss and eating unhealthy the rest of the day, I will work on eating cleaner for the remainder of the day to make up it.

Let's look out for each other in our quest for a healthier lifestyle and push each other to be the best we can be!

Remember......a pat on the back is better than a kick in the butt!

3 comments:

  1. I like the post George. I also agree and have dropped off quite often. I have started to eat cleaner as well. .... GO TEAM "CAGED PIGS !!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put Geo. I use the wellness campaigns to "jump start" some healthy habits. Many of my new habits have stuck quite well in my lifestyle. Hard rules are nearly impossible to live by. Just not sustainable.
    If you set rules for yourself, there needs to be an amount of reasonableness in it...whether cheat days or an end date or something along those lines.
    After these campaigns, some new lifestyles need to emerge.

    Good luck everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Geo. I wish more people would "wake up" and realize that dieting is never the answer. By altering your lifestyle you have the ability to not only improve your own health and fitness but your entire family's!

    ReplyDelete