Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Officer Survival Program

This is an opportunity for a professional and personal life change. Will you seize it?

On June 30th, we were asked this question …. Have you been thinking about it? I have. There are two key words that jump out at me ….. “opportunity” and “seize”. Using Microsoft Word’s Thesaurus tool, here’s some other meanings of these two words:

Opportunity = chance, prospect, opening
Seize = take control of, take advantage of

Using the above Thesaurus meanings and changing the above question to a statement, here’s what I came up with:

This is a CHANCE for you to TAKE CONTROL OF your professional and personal life.

The hard part to TAKING CONTROL OF is admitting you don’t have control. As humiliating for me as it was, I had to admit my eating was out of control ….. how else do you explain an extra 55 to 60 pounds! The humiliation still haunts me to this day ….. if only I had the courage to post a fat picture of me (humiliation at its best)!

But there’s a positive side to experiencing humiliation …. It’s the driving force that keeps me running in the other direction ….. HONOR.

If you want to be “Officer X”, here’s your opportunity.

If you are “Officer X”, here’s your opportunity to help your peers.

Humility to Honor ….. it’s a trip worth taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment