Monday, December 28, 2009
Giving Credit Where Credit is Due
As many of you know alot of the information posted on the blog is shared information from a variety of other sources such as the Crossfit mainpage. Trinity Training Group which is authored by friend Lou Hayes is one of my main sources of information. Lou has provided me with a wealth of information over the years and has been a tremeandous asset to this blog, albeit indirectly. I even admit sometimes without his knowledge. Recently Lou has even published articles in the Crossfit Journal titled "SWAT Shapes Up" and "Rise Up." Both of which are excellent reads. I read his blog on a regular basis not just for the knowledge but for creative ideas to improve our own website. If it were not for his help, this website might not even exist the way it does today. Lou's most recent post How Events Help in Goal Setting fits in with our recent rant on the new year and goals. Lou makes very solid points. Planning for some of these events has helped me stick to my own goals of personal improvement in health, wellness, and fitness. MURPH for Miller was the one event that kept my head in the game. If it wasn't for that, I'm sure there would've been several times which I hit the snooze button on the alarm clock and skipped the before shift WOD. I have added a colum on the right side of the site which shows Upcoming Events and links to the appropriate sources for more information. This column will be regularly updated and feel free to pass along any events which may be appropriate to include. I encourage everyone to select at least one event to participate in this year, no matter how intimidating it may seem. I'm planning on completing MURPH for Miller again this year along with the Warrior Dash. I hope to see some of you there. Until then keep up the good work and see you in the Cage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks Woody. Keep things moving at your end!
ReplyDeleteAnyone who needs help preparing for one of these events need look no further than me or Woody...