Friday, April 24, 2009

Fitness and Wellness

Most of us have been eating "cleaner" but have not noticed any major results. I recently went to a class taught by James Volpe from Wheaton PD and learned a ton that I want to share with everyone. I will be posting small tidbits here and there under the title of Fitness and Wellness.

The first posting will be on a "meal plan". This means what do I eat, and when do I eat it. The general rule is to eat more meals than the typical 3 meals a day. This is true, as you should eat approximately every 3 hours totalling approximately 6-8 meals/snacks. The problem I always have is I eat every 3 hours but I don't eat smaller meals.

Within 30 minutes of waking up: High Carb/Fiber/Protein/H2O

Snack: Carb/Protein/Fat/H2O

Lunch: Carb/Protein/H2O

Snack: Carb/Protein/Fat/H2O

Dinner: Carb/Protein/Fat/H2O

Pre-Workout: Carb (low calorie drink/shake)

W O R K O U T

Post-Workout: Protein (High Protein drink/shake)

Bedtime Snack: Protein/H2O



The Breakfast, first snack, and lunch should be higher Carbs and less Protein.

The second snack, dinner and bedtime snack should be higher Protein and less Carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment